Norton and Staples in Canada have launched a very unique service that helps to protect you from viruses. Called the Norton Virus Protection Service, it’s not simply just another boxed product. Here’s the key points:
- When customers purchase any installation package with Norton 360 Multi-Device on their computer. The customer follows the normal product support and if it is detected that they have a virus, Norton Support will provide their extended Virus Removal Service included with this product through the Staples Easy Tech Services.
- If remote services do not resolve the virus issue, Norton will have an agent dispatched to examine the problem on-site.
- This service can be added on to most installation services available through Staples Easy Tech Centres.
- Norton Virus Protection Services covers one user, for one year from the date of installation.
- The product/attached services are available exclusively at Staples locations across Canada
- The Norton Virus Protection Service is available on your first device for $99, additional services can be purchased for your other devices for only $49 each (PC’s, Mac’s, smartphones and tablets).
- These products are available in both English and French.
The key thing is that support is available 24/7. So you can get help when you need it. That’s key because according to Symantec, 80% of Canadian consumers still believe they will NOT fall victim to a computer virus, malware or spyware in 2014. From my personal experience I know that if you don’t protect yourself you will get hit by something. So any service that makes it easy to protect consumers from all of that is a good thing. Thus I believe that Staples and Norton have a winner here that a variety of people would benefit from.