This week is a bit of a departure for me. While I have reviewed cars in the past, they have been very short reviews. This week Ford Canada has provided me with a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited for the week. It a front wheel drive SUV with the new Ecoboost engine. It seats seven and comes with pretty much every option one could possibly need. I have to admit that this is a significant step up from what I am used to as the list price is just under $50K Canadian.
This vehicle has a lot to it, so I am going to do a six part review that will cover the following sections:
- MyFord Touch and other technology in the vehicle.
- Engine and Fuel Economy
- Drive quality
- Wrap Up
Seeing as I’ve had the car for a couple of hours now, I do have some thoughts that I can share with you:
- This SUV is huge, but it doesn’t feel huge. Though I am still getting used to driving it having driven a much smaller Toyota Matrix, I’m not having any problems with how big it is.
- There is a ton of technology in the vehicle, and thus far it isn’t distracting. In fact it’s very helpful.
- The interior room is substantial.
- The engine has some get up and go to it.
- Everything I touch feels soft.
- So far, I’m not bothered by the fact that this vehicle has front wheel drive (you read that correctly, it’s front wheel drive and not all wheel drive).
So will I have a positive view of this vehicle by the end of the review? Tune in tomorrow to find out.